The Aldeburgh Swallows
The Swallow fleet at Aldeburgh has been in existence since soon after the Olympics in 1948 with Sandboy S9, Whim S21, Mistral S22, Tomahawk S47 and Goosander originally racing. These five Swallows were originally based at Slaughden, slightly further up the Alde.
The fleet prospered, but in more recent times has declined under pressure from a strong fleet of Loch Long’s at the club. Richard Keane and Bobby Rusack would however be delighted to hear from anyone keen to join them racing at the delightful Aldeburgh Yacht Club on the river Alde in Suffolk.